Reporting to the President and CEO, the VP of Development will plan and execute an integrated fundraising effort including underwriting, sponsorship, membership, planned giving, major gifts, volunteer services, grants, and community engagement. As a senior member of the management team, the VP of Development plays an important role in strategic and financial planning and works closely with all departments of the organization, the Board of Directors, Community Advisory Board, volunteers, and community partners to advance the mission and vision of Lakeshore Public Media.
Essential Functions of Position:
Individual Donor Support: Leads in the development, management, and growth of contributions from individual donors. Develops a strategic plan to leverage staff, volunteers and other department resources to achieve fundraising goals. Manages an effective infrastructure to support securing gifts and generating leads in a multichannel, multimedia environment.
Provides leadership in Direct Response Fundraising (mail, telemarketing, e-marketing/digital), On-Air Fundraising (television and radio), Membership Operations, and Audience/Membership Services.
Determines the agenda and messaging for Lakeshore Public Media’s membership communications and outreach to our radio, television, digital audiences and donors. Ensures an integrated marketing and communications strategy across all fundraising channels (mail, telemarketing, on-air, online).
Works closely with President & CEO to create strategic annual fundraising plans, including budgets, to meet revenue and expense goals.
Corporate Support: Oversee and grow corporate sponsorship of programming and special events. Develop event sponsorship packages and benefit fulfillment for sponsors. Ensures that underwriters meet FCC and station guidelines. Edit, write and review all copy as needed. Personally manages a portfolio of key accounts. Attends sales calls with members of the corporate support team to provide leadership as needed and to make introductions to new partners.
Grants: Researches, writes and submits grant proposals to support programming, local productions operating expenses, and other special and capital projects. Submits grant reports to grantors as required.
Major Gifts/Planned Giving: Develop and coordinate program activities for a major donor and planned giving program. Cultivate and steward major donors to ensure the best opportunities to receive transformational gifts.
Staff Supervision: Effectively recruit, train, and manage corporate support and membership staff. Motivate personnel and supervise activities that raise funds and cultivate closer relationships with donors, sponsors, and all Lakeshore Public Media audiences.
- Ensures and models best practices in fundraising, high professional standards, strong staff management skills, and impeccable ethics.
- Stays up-to-date on evolving techniques to maximize fundraising effectiveness.
- Develops and oversees strategies to deepen relationships with and understanding of current and future individual donors as well as corporate clients.
- Prepares and updates revenue reports. Manages department’s budget.\
- Presents at executive committee and board meetings when requested.
- Participate as a member of the executive management team and assist the President and CEO as directed.
- Works effectively with Lakeshore Public Media’s President & CEO, senior management, and volunteers. Develops effective professional relationships and works collaboratively with other Lakeshore Public Media’s departments.
- Performs related special projects or other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Bachelor or Master’s degree in marketing, fundraising/development, business, nonprofit administration or related field preferred, but not required. CFRE (Certified Fundraising Accreditation) a plus.
Minimum four years of experience in fundraising and direct marketing, including at least two years in direct response fundraising and at least three years in a significant staff management role.
Must have proven analytical skills and proficiency in fundraising and sales software.
An equivalent combination of training and relevant experience may be considered.
Apply with the form below, or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or faxes, please
|Job Category||Full Time|