Lakeshore Public Media is home to our publicly supported television (WYIN- TV 56) and radio (WLPR- FM 89.1) stations serving the people of Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland communities. Our mission is to build a strong sense of community for the residents of Northwest Indiana by being the leading force in connecting people, ideas and information through multiple, ongoing media and outreach activities. As your trusted resource for local news, weather, sports, and public affairs, Lakeshore Public Media keeps you connected.
Production Assistant Overview:
The Production Assistant will assist the department with a wide variety of projects. This position will be involved in studio and field productions and must have a working understanding of cameras and editing software. Employees will gain hands-on experience in the video production/broadcast field. Most of all, bring a willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
Production Assistant duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Set up and tear down of sets and equipment in the studio, field, and remote productions
- Operate camera, audio boards, graphics generators, and playback equipment
- Perform simple editing assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in Communications or related field
- One (1) year of proven experience in video production and broadcasting preferred
- Hands-on experience in studio, remote and field operations
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of a busy production schedule
- Able to work effectively with other team members and independently with minimal supervision
- Dependability is a must
- Able to lift/carry up to 75 pounds and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; must be willing to travel domestically as needed
Production Assistant is a part-time position; schedule will vary weekly to include non-standard shifts as assigned including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Production Assistant is an hourly, bargaining unit position.
Apply with the form below, or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include links to online demos showcasing past work with a description of your role/position of the projects included. If necessary, submissions can be mailed to Lakeshore Public Media, 8625 Indiana Place, Merrillville, IN 46410, Attention Production Assistant Opening
No phone calls or faxes, please
|Job Category||Part Time|