Lakeshore Public Media is home to our publicly supported television (WYIN- TV 56) and radio (WLPR – FM 89.1) stations serving the people of Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland communities. Our mission is to build a strong sense of community for the residents of Northwest Indiana by being the leading force in connecting people, ideas and information through multiple, ongoing media and outreach activities. As your trusted resource for local news, weather, sports and public affairs, Lakeshore Public Media keeps you connected.
The Producer/Director position should possess a solid set of technical skills and be able to produce a variety of content on their own as well as in a collaborative environment. This position requires hands-on experience creating dynamic projects and the ability to work as a team player in a busy production department.
Producer/Director duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform production duties for local and national productions
- Act as videographer and production associate for creative services and promotions
- Script, produce, edit and create graphics for projects
- Perform remote, studio and field tasks as they arise
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven experience in video production preferably in a television environment
- Hands-on experience in studio, remote and field operations
- Proficient knowledge of Final Cut Studio, Adobe After Effects and other compositing programs
- Strong knowledge of compression, codecs, post-production workflow, and emerging technologies
- Able to ensure consistency, accuracy, and compliance with required broadcast standards
- Able to work effectively with other team members and independently with minimal supervision
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary
- Special consideration is given to candidates with knowledge of html and PBS broadcast standards
Producer/Director is a full-time position working 40 hours per week and on occasion, overtime will be required; schedule will vary weekly to include non-standard shifts as assigned including evenings and holidays.
Producer/Director is an hourly, bargaining unit position. We offer paid time off, health insurance and a 403(b) plan.
Apply with the form below, or email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please include links to online demos showcasing past work with a description of your role/position of the projects included. No phone calls or faxes, please
|Job Category||Full Time|