The Operations Manager position oversees all aspects of the operations for Lakeshore PBS and provides support to the operations of Lakeshore Public Radio.
- Provide oversite and serve as the primary contact for the Lakeshore PBS remote programming service and master control service.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for Lakeshore PBS programming, maintaining and improving, where possible, market strength and mission.
- Present to internal team members programming schedules and updates to ensure all team members are knowledgeable about our television programming, allowing for opportunities to engage audience and build revenue.
- Oversee all traffic for Lakeshore PBS which includes, but is not limited to, the scheduling promotional and sponsorship messages, the production of network promos, the maintenance of sponsorship/promo inventory, the creation of logs, and the development of other reports and schedules as needed.
- Ensures that programming grids on all platforms for Lakeshore PBS and Lakeshore Public Radio are current and accurate.
- Execute the implementation of contracts to fulfill Lakeshore PBS and Lakeshore Public Radio’s obligations to underwriters while providing performance reports and affidavits for various stakeholders as required.
- Provide oversite and serve as the primary contact for Lakeshore Public Media’s contracted engineering service to ensure that Lakeshore Public Media’s infrastructure remains sound.
- Responsible for the creation and filing of all required reports including FCC, CPB and PBS.
- Responsible for presenting station relationships with independent producers and national distribution of Lakeshore PBS content.
- Stay current on the programming offerings of the Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS).
- Plan and execute annual Professional Women’s Conference.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- This position requires outstanding communication skills, including the patience to train, firmness to achieve quality.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, programming grid, financial documents and budgets.
- Ability to write program offers, contracts, show treatments and present them to funders and other professionals
- Clear and precise written communication.
- Make quick judgements under pressure when an unexpected event arises.
- Have good customer service skills via telephone and email.
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational and time management skills; dynamic team player.
- Cooperative and dependable.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills as well as the ability to navigate websites and proprietary software are required.
- The ability to use Outlook or Gmail to send and receive emails including attachments.
- The ability to utilize the in-house software systems within 60 days of employment.
- This position requires a BA and 5 years television traffic, operations, or programming experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Occasional stooping, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and fingering are all required.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes. Must have color vision.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
- Ability to prioritize and maintain calm under stressful conditions of multiple simultaneous demands. Flexibility, able to switch direction, priorities without notice.
- Reliable physical attendance is required.
- The employee is required to stay awake throughout the shift.
Other duties as assigned
Lakeshore Public Television offers competitive salary and benefits. Lakeshore Public Media is an E.O.E.
|Job Category||Full Time|