Lakeshore Public Media is home to our publicly supported television station Lakeshore PBS (WYIN TV 56), and Lakeshore Public Radio (WLPR 89.1 FM) along with our websites, LakeshorePublicMedia.org, LakeshorePBS.org, and LakeshorePublicRadio.org serving the people of Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland communities. Our mission is to be the recognized media resource for citizens of all ages to experience lifelong learning, celebrate human diversity and engage in civic concerns, all to enrich the lives in communities we serve.
The Entry-Level Digital Media Specialist will work directly with the VP of Digital to manage and deliver organic and paid social media posts and campaigns. Other duties include, basic website updates, developing written content and digital graphics, as well as engaging with and responding to social media questions and inquiries in a manner that supports the station’s voice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Entry level experience with website development
- Familiarity with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- Highly motivated and able to work with a team and independently
- Self-confident, flexible and creative approaches to challenges and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Some experience with website CMSs like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla
- Basic understanding of SEO/SEM best practices
- Familiar with G-Suite
- Experience with video editing for Web
- Compensation Package: Market competitive and focused on growth
- Team of smart, creative and collaborative people
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Medical, dental, vision, disability and life plans; Generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule
This position generally works 40 hours per week Monday through Friday; some weekends and evenings.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. Full benefit package, generous paid time off, mileage reimbursement.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
|Job Category||Full Time|