The Feeling of Jazz – with Bill Satterlee, solo host (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 187 airing October 12, 2014. Normally co-hosted by Kent Lindquist and Bill Satterlee, this week Bill Satterlee is the solo host as he presents some of his favorite main stream jazz artists like Vince Guarldi, Lionel Hampton, Jimmy McGriff, The Gene Harris Trio, Ella Fitzgerald and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Days of Wine and Roses, Vince Guarldi, Greatest Hits, Henry mancini, 5:23 min.
2. Line for Lyons, Lionel Hampton & Friends, Rare Recordings, Volume 1, Gerry Mulligan, 6:05 min.
3. Cute, Jimmy McGriff Big Band, LRC Ltd. Jazz Sampler, Volume 4 (Tribute to Basie), Hefti-Styne, 8:25 min.
4. Battle Hymn of the Republic, The Gene Harris Trio plus One, (Same as artist), Julia Ward, 8:15 min.
5. I’m Beginnin’ to See the Light, Ella Fitzgerald, LRC The Best of the Jazz Singers, Ellington-Hodges, 3:38 min.
6. Another Blues, Michel LeGrand, Compct Jazz – Michel LeGrand, LeGrand-Brown-Mame, 8:25 min.
7. It Don’t Mean a Thing, Harry “Sweets” Edison-Jonah Jones, LRC Ltd. Jazz Sampler, Volume 4 (Double Exposure-Jones), Ellington-Mills, 4:11 min.
8. Mean Streets-No Bridges, Jimmy Ponder with Big John Patton – organ, B-3in’ Organ Jazz, J. Ponder, 6:50 min.
9. Linus and Lucy, Dave Brubeck, Quiet as the Moon, Vince Guarldi, 4:52 min.