The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlighting Lucky Thompson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 178 airing August 10, 2014 featured the soprano saxophone of Eli “Lucky” Thompson in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while Bill Satterlee featured artists like Lionel Hampton, George Benson, Art Pepper, Kenny Burrell and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Like Basie, Paul Quinichette and his Basie-ites, Like Basie, Nat Pierce, 5:45 min.
2. Sermonette, Milt Jackson/Lucky Thompson; Plenty, Plenty Soul; Cannonball Adderley, 5:27 min.
3. Come Rain or Come Shine, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Blue Note Plays Sinatra, Arlen J. Mercer, 5:45 min.
4. How High the Moon, Milt Jackson/Lucky Thompson; Plenty, Plenty Soul; Lewis-Hamilton, 6:15 min.
5. Come Rain or Come Shine, Anita O’Day, Blues in the Night – The Johnny Mercer Songbook, Arlen J. Mercer, 2:13 min.
6. The Plain but Simple Truth, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Lucky Thompson, 4:43 min.
7. Now See How You Are, Kenny Burrell, The Best of Kenny Burrell, Pettiford-Harris, 5:52 min.
8. They Can’t Take That Away From Me, Milt Jackson/Lucky Thompson, Blue Note Plays Sinatra, Cole Porter, 7:30 min.