The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlighting Lucky Thompson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 178 airing August 10, 2014 featured the soprano saxophone of Eli “Lucky” Thompson in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while Bill Satterlee featured artists like Lionel Hampton, George Benson, Art Pepper, Kenny Burrell and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Tricitism, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Oscar Pettiford, 4:32 min.
2. Hamp’s Note, Lionel Hampton, Lionel Hampton and the Golden Men of Jazz – Live at the Blue Note, Lionel Hampton, 9:47 min.
3. Tom Katten, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Lucky Thompson, 4:58 min.
4. Indiana, MJQ & Friends with Illinois Jacquet & Harry Edison, A 40th Anniversary Celebration, McDonald-Janley, 7:41 min.
5. Happy Days and Here Again, Lucky Thompson, Happy Days, Agar, 5:25 min.
6. On Green Dolphin Street, George Benson featuring the Count Basie Orchestra, Big Boss Band, Branislaw Kaper-Ned Washington, 4:09 min.
7. Long Ago and far Away, Lucky Thompson, Happy Days, Jerome Kern, 4:01 min.
8. Susie the Poodle, Art Pepper, Surf Ride, Art Pepper, 3:10 min.
9. You Stepped on a Dream, Lucky Thompson featuring Tommy Flanagan, Lucky is Back! (Then, so is Love), Kahn-Brown, 2:44 min.