The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight Spotlight on Lou Donaldson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 196 airing January 4, 2015 featured a spotlight on alto saxophonist Lou Donaldson (born November 1, 1926) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Rosemary Clooney, Shorty Rogers, Thad Jones and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Cheek to Cheek, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions, Irving Berlin, 3:01 min.
2. I Get Kiuck Out of You, Rosemary Clooney, Rosemary Clooney Sings the Music of Cole Porter, Cole Porter, 3:43 min.
3. The Best Things in Life Are Free, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions, DeSylva-Brown-Henderson, 3:22 min.
4. Here’s That Old Martian Again, Shorty Rogers-Bud Shank-TheLighthouse All-Stars, America The Beautiful, Shorty Rogers, 8:44 min.
5. Spaceman Twist, Lou Donaldson, The Natural Soul, Lou Donaldson, 5:25 min.
6. I’ll Remember April, Thad Jones, Thad Jones, Raye-DePaul-Johnston, 3:48 min.
7. Autumn Nocturne, Lou Donaldson, Blues Walk, Myrow-Gannon, 4:51 min.
8. You Go to My Head, The Paul Desmond Quintet/Quartet, (same as artist), Coots-Gillespie, 5:42 min.
9. Bags Groove, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions,Milt Jackson, 3:04 min.
10. Bye Bye Blackbird, Miles Davis, Miles Davis Plays Classic Balads, Ray Henderson-Mort Dixon, 7:56 min.