The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight Spotlight #2 on Lou Donaldson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 197 airing January 11, 2015 featured a spotlight on alto saxophonist Lou Donaldson (born November 1, 1926) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Richard “Groove” Holmes, Milt Jackson, Chet Baker and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. My Little Suede Shoes, Lou Donaldson, Sentimental Journey, Charlie Parker, 6:13 min.
2. Go Away Little Girl, Richard”Groove” Holmes, Groovin’ with Groove, Gerry Goffin-Carole King, 5:33 min.
3. Love Walked In, Lou Donaldson, The Natural Soul, George & Ira Gershwin, 5:10 min.
4. Corner Pocket, Milt Jackson+Count Basie+The Big Band, Milt Jackson+Count Basie+The Big Band Vol. 1, Count Basie, 5:07 min.
5. The Things We Did Last Summer, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions, Styne-Cahn, 3:20 min.
6. I Wish You Love, Chet Baker, Baby Breeze, Chad Trenet-Leon Lewis, 3:09 min.
7. The Best Things in Life Are Free, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions, DeSilva-Brown-Henderson, 3:22 min.
8. When Lights Are Low, Cal Tjader, Our Blues, Carter-Williams, 4:28 min.
9. Blues Walk, Lou Donaldson, Blues Walk, Lou Donaldson, 6:40 min.
10. Keep It Moving, Wynton Kelly, Wynton Kelly Trio & Sextet, Wynton Kelly, 7:29 min.