The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Quincy Jones (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 201 airing February 8, 2015 featured a spotlight on conductor, arranger, composer, musician, (and many other titles of distinction) Quincy Delight Jones, Jr. (born March 14, 1933) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Herb Ellis, Shorty Rogers, Milt Hinton, Serge Chaloff and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Blues for Minnie, Herb Ellis-Ray Brown Sextette, Hot Tracks, Ray Brown, 4:36 min.
2. Lester Leaps In, Quincy Jones, The Great Wide World of Quincy Jones, Lester Young, 3:34 min.
3. Saturnian Sleigh Ride, Shorty Rogers and His Giants, Portrait of Shorty, Shorty Rogers, 3:47 min.
4. Jones’ Bones, Quincy Jones, Jazz Abroad, Quincy Jones, 5:39 min.
5. Blues forf Sal, Milt Hinton-Hank Jones-Zoot Sims, The Modern Art of Jazz, Hank Jones, 5:30 m in.
6. Serrmonette, Quincy Jones, This is How I Feel About Jazz, Nat Adderley, 5:51 min.
7. Susie’s Blues (AKA “Funky Blues), Serge Chaloff, Blue Sergwe + Boston Blow-Up!, Serge Chaloff, 5:11 min.
8. Bright Moon, Quincy Jones, Go West, Man!, Jimmy Giuffre, 5:21 min.
9. September in the Rain, The Norvo-Mingus-Farlowe Trio, Red Norvo: Volume Two, Al Dubin-Harry Warren, 2:20 min.
10. Count ’em, Quincy Jones, Harry Arnold + Quincy Jones – Jazz, Jimmy Cleveland-Quincy Jones, 5:30 min.