The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Quincy Jones (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 201 airing February 8, 2015 featured a spotlight on conductor, arranger, composer, musician, (and many other titles of distinction) Quincy Delight Jones, Jr. (born March 14, 1933) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Frank Foster, Frank Wess, Vic Feldman, Gerry Mulligan and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Alisa, Quincy Jones, Jazz Abroad, George Gershwin, 5:32 min.
2. Two for the Bluwes, Frank Foster-Frank Wess, Two For the Blues, Hefti-Hendricks, 6:35 min.
3. Stockholm Swettenin’, Quincy Jones, This is How I Feel About Jazz, Quincy Jones, 5:36 min.
4. Wilbert’s Tune, Vic Feldman, Vic Feldman on Vibes, Vic Feldman, 4:01 min.
5. Dancing Pants, Quincy Jones; Go West, Man!; Jimmy Giuffre, 3:47 min.
6. Bunny, Gerry Mulligan-Johnny Hodges, Gerry Mulligan, 5:43 min.
7. Kinda Blues, Quincy Jones, Harry Arnold + Quincy Jones = Jazz, Harold Arnold, 5:59 min.
8. Bye Bye Blues, Conte Candoli-Lee Morgan, Double or Nothin’, Lown-Bennett-Hamm, 4:05 min.
9. Tickle Toe, Quincy Jones, Birth of a Band, Lester Young, 2:58 min.