The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Lionel Hampton (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 191 airing November 23, 2014 featured the father of the modern jazz vibes, Lionel Leo Hampton (April 20, 1908 – August 31, 2002), in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee featured music from artists like Shirley Scott, Barney Kessel, Houston Person and the Lew Tabackin Quartet. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Just in Time, Shirley Scott, Queen of the Organ, Comden-Green-Styne, 7:30 min.
2. Mountain Greenery, Barney Kessel, The First Four Albums (Vol.4, ‘Music to Listen to Barney Kessel By’), Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart, 3:48 min.
3. Air Mail Special, Lionel Hampton with Zoot Sims, Zoot Sims – Somebody Loves Me, Benny Goodman, 6:42 min.
4. Blues in the Night, Quincy Jones: Standards, Great Songs, Great Performances, Harold Arlen-Johnny Mercer, 3:59 min.
5. That Old Black magic, Lionel Hampton, The Complete Lionel Hampton Quartets and Quintets with Oscar Peterson on Verve, McHugh-Fields, 5:49 min.
6. Shenandoah, Houston Person, The Opening Ropund, (Traditional) P.D., 4:55 min.
7. Dark Eyes, Lionel Hampton, Lionel Hampton and His All-Stars, (Same as artist), (Traditional) P.D., 4:59 min.
8. Yesterdays, The Lew Tabackin Quartet, Desert Lady, Jerome Kern-Otto Harbach, 5:28 min.
9. Ham Hock Blues, Lionel Hampton, Zoot Sims – Somebody Loves Me, Lionel Hampton, 9:20 min.