The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Junior Mance (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 200 airing February 15, 2015 featured a spotlight on jazz trumpeter, composer and Chicago area native Julian “Junior” Clifford Mance, Jr. (born October 10, 1928) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Gerry Mulligan, The Modern Jazz Quartet, Russell Malone and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Main Stem, Junior Mance, The Soulful Piano of Junior Mance, Billy Strayhorn, 4:21 min.
2. Jeru, Gerry Mulligan, LRC Jazz Sampler Vol. 1, G. Mulligan, 5:25 min.
3. Small Fry, Junior Mance, Junior, Hoagie Carmichael, 4:06 min.
4. Animal Dance, Modern Jazz Quartet, Longing for the Continent, Mel Lewis, 4:40 min.
5. Ralph’s New Blues, Junior Mance, The Soulful Piano of Junior Mance, Milt Jackson, 4:22 min.
6. Sweet Georgia Peach, Russell Malone, Sweet Georgia Peach, Russell Malone, 5:54 min.
7. 920 Special, Junior Mance, At The Village Vanguard, Earl Warren, 5:11 min.
8. Time Check, Buddy Rich Big Band, LRC Jazz Sampler-Ease On Down The Road, Menza, 3:45 min.
9. Jubilation, Junior Mance, Junior, Junior Mance, 3:29 min.
10. Hittin’ Twelve, Count Basie, Basie in Europe, Harrison, 2:30 min.
11. Smokey’s Blues, Junior Mance, Live at The Village Vanguard, Junior Mance, 6:37 min.