The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Junior Mance (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 200 airing February 15, 2015 featured a spotlight on jazz trumpeter, composer and Chicago area native Julian “Junior” Clifford Mance, Jr. (born October 10, 1928) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Red Garland, Roy Hargrove, Count Basie and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. But Not For Me, Red Garland, Red Garland’s Piano, Gershwin-Gershwin, 5:51 min.
2. Birk’s Works, Junior Mance, Junior, Dizzy Gillespie, 5:43 min.
3. Love’s Lament, Roy Hargrove, Of Kindred Souls, R. Whitaker, 5:26 min.
4. Swingmatism, Junior Mance, The Soulful Piano of Junior Mance, Joy McShann, 5:18 min.
5. Blues in My Heart, Count Basie Orchestra, Count Basie Orchestra, Benny Carter-Irving Mills, 2:50 min.
6. Girl of My Dreams, Junior Mance, At the Village Vanguard, Clapp, 4:00 min.
7. After Hours, Quincy Jones, Strike Up The Band, A. Parrish-B. Feyne-R. Bruce-A. Franklin-Q. Jones, 3:33 min.
8. Big Chief, Junior Mance, Big Chief, Junior Mance, 4:14 min.
9. The Way You Look Tonight, Art Pepper, Surf Ride, J. Kern-T.B. Harms, 3:43 min.
10. A Smooth One, Junior Mance, Junior, Benny Goodman, 3:27 min.
11. How Long Has This Been Going On?, Jimmy Raney Featuring Bob Brookmeyer, (same as artist), George Gershwin-Ira Gershwin, 4:26 min.