The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on George Benson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 183 airing September 14, 2014 featured jazz guitar music of George Benson (born March 22, 1943) before he made it big as a pop vocalist in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured artists like Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., The Wynton Kelly Trio, Lucy Ann Polk and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Sweet Alice Blues, George Benson-Jack McDuff, featuring Judith Hill; The New Boss Guitar of George Benson, George Benson, 4:38 min.
2. Baby It’s Cold Outside, Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., That’s Life, Frank Loesser, 3:18 min.
3. The Cooker, The George Benson Quartet, The Benson Cookbook, George Benson, 4:16 min.
4. Unit 7, Wynton Kelly Trio-Wes Montgomery, Smokin’ at the half Note, Sam Jones, 6:45 min.
5. Cold Duck Time, Brother Jack McDuff-George Benson, Bringin’ it Home, Eddie Harrie, 5:18 min.
6. Squeeze Me, Lucy Ann Polk and The Marty Paich Sextet, But Beautiful, Fats Waller, 2:46 min.
7. East of the Sun, Jack McDuff-George Benson, Legends of Acid Rain, Brooks Bowman, 5:14 min.
8. Blues in Time, Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond, Cool-Talkin’ Verve, Paul Desmond, 8:59 min.
9. Briarpatch, George Benson-Jack McDuff, Hot Barbeque, George Benson, 2:53 min.
10. Casa De Luz, Bud Shank-Lou Levy, Jazz in Hollywood, Shorty Rogers, 5:36 min.