The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on George Benson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 183 airing September 14, 2014 featured jazz guitar music of George Benson (born March 22, 1943) before he made it big as a pop vocalist in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured artists like Stan Kenton, Mike Smith, Horace Silver and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. I Got a Woman, Jack McDuff-George Benson, Legends of Acid Jazz, Ray Charles, 8:30 min.
2. Intermission Riff, Stan Kenton, Kenton in Hi-Fi, Ray Wetzel, 4:13 min.
3. Shadow Dancers, George Benson-Jack McDuff, The New Boss Guitar of George Benson, George benson, 4:46 min.
4. The Traveler, Mike Smith Quintet, The Traveler, Carey Deadman-Mike Keefe, 7:24 min.
5. Good and Groovy, Red Holloway, Acid Rain, George Benson, 4:52 min.
6. A Prescription for the Blues, Horace Silver, A Prescription for the Blues, Horace Silver, 5:12 min.
7. Benson’s Rider, The George Benson Quartet, The George Benson Cookbook, George Benson, 5:38 min.
8. Relaxin’ at Camarillo, Howard Roberts, Good Pickin’s, Charlie Parker, 5:46 min.