The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight on Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 194 airing December 14, 2014 featured a spotlight on tenor saxophonist, Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis (March 2, 1922 – November 3, 1986), in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Stanley Turrentine, Keely Smith, Count Basie, George Shearing and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Easy Walker, Stanley Turrentine, More Than a Mood, Teddy Castion, 5:56 min.
2. The Chef, Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis, The Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis Cookbook, Vol. 1; Eddie Davis, 5:59 min.
3. East of the Sun (And West of the Moon) Keely Smith (v.), Torch Songs, Bowman, 3:28 min.
4. Born to be Blue, Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis, The Fox & The Hounds, Mel Torme’, 4:16 min.
5.Whirly Bird, Count Basie, The Best of the Big Bands, Hefti, 7:24 min.
6. Galin Calico, Eddie Davis Trio Featuring Shirley Scott, Eddie Davis Trio Featuring Shirley Scott Complete Recordings, Schwartz-Robin, 3:39 min.
7. Darn That Dream (Take 1), George Shearing and The Montgomery Brothers, (Same as Artist), Jimmy Van Heusen, 4:11 min.
8. Ow!, Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis, All of Me, Dizzy Gillespie, 5:37 min,.
9. My Foolish Heart, Ron Carter Trio, So What?, Victor Young-Ned Washington, 8:15 min.