The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Lucky Thompson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 179 airing August 17, 2014 featured more of the soprano saxophone of Eli “Lucky” Thompson (continuing the theme from last week’s show) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while Bill Satterlee featured artists like Dave Grusin, Jack McDuff, Howard Roberts, Quincy Jones and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Fly Me to the Moon, Joey DeFrancesco, Joey DeFrancesco’s Good Fellas, Burt Howard, 5:14 min.
2. Anthropology, Lucky Thompson, Lucky is Back! (Then So is Love), Charlie Parker, 6:00 min.
3. Jive Samba, Quincy Jones, Strike Up the Band, Nat Adderley, 2:38 min.
4. You Don’t Know What Love Is, Lucky Thompson, Happy Days, Raye-DePaul, 5:27 min.
5. Perdido, Count Basie & Sarah Vaughan, Count Basie & Sarah Vaughan, Tizol-Lengsfelder-Drake, 2:10 min.
6. Blues at Twilight, Milt Jackson-Lucky Thompson; Plenty, Plenty Soul; Quincy Jones, 6:51 min.
7. Straight No Chaser, Roy Hargrove-Antonio Hart, The Tokyo Sessions, Thelonius Monk, 4:46 min.
8. Old Reliable, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Lucky Thompson, 4:01 min.
9. Tenderly, Lester Young, Great Songs, Great Performances, Standards; Walter Gross-Jack Lawrence, 3:28 min.
10. The Lady is a Tramp, Milt Jackson, The Jazz Skyline, Rodgers-Hart, 7:18 min.