The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Lucky Thompson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 179 airing August 17, 2014 featured more of the soprano saxophone of Eli “Lucky” Thompson (continuing the theme from last week’s show) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while Bill Satterlee featured artists like Dave Grusin, Jack McDuff, Howard Roberts, Quincy Jones and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Sometimes I’m Happy, Milt Jackson-Lucky Thompson, The Jazz Skyline, Vincent Youmans, 7:15 min.
2. ‘S Wonderful, Dave Grusin Presents, GRP All-Star Big Band Live!, George and Ira Gershwin, 6:30 min.
3. The Plain But Simple Truth, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Lucky Thompson, 4:43 min.
4. Mellow Gravy, Jack McDuff, The Prestige Years, Jack McDuff, 5:00
5. Deep Passion, Lucky Thompson, Tricotism, Lucky Thompson, 4:29
6. Have You Mat Miss Jones?, Howard Roberts, Mr. Roberts Plays Guitar, Rodgers-Hart, 3:03 min.
7. Love, Lucky Thompson, Lucky is Back! (Then So is Love), Martin-Blaine, 5:13 min.
8. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Bob Wilber and the Scott Hamilton Quartet, (same as artist), Art Koehler, 6:05 min.
9. Ignut Oil, Milt Jackson-Lucky Thompson; Plenty, Plenty Soul; Milt Jackson, 5:37 min.