The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight #2 on Lou Donaldson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 197 airing January 11, 2015 featured a spotlight on alto saxophonist Lou Donaldson (born November 1, 1926) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Count Basie, Curtis Fuller, Kai Winding and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Good Gracious, Lou Donaldson, Good Gracious, Lou Donaldson, 6:50 min.
2. Dapper Dan, Lou Donaldson, Midnight Creeper, Ousley, 6:30 min.
3. Sent For You Yesterday and Here You Come Today, Count Basie-Jimmie Rushie, Eddie Durham, Count Basie at Newport, Eddie Durham, 3:49 min.
4. Minor Vamp, Curtis Fuller, Blues-Ette, Benny Golson, 5:12 min.
5. I Don’t Know Why (I Just Do), Lou Donaldson, Caracas, Turk-Albert, 4:58 min.
6. How Are Things in Glocco Mora?, Kai Winding, Jazz-Club Trombone, Lane-Harburg, 3:34 min.
7. Lou’s Blues, Lou Donaldson, The Complete 1952 Blue Note Sessions, Lou Donaldson, Lou Donaldson, 3:44 min.
8. Jim’s Tune, Jimmy Raney Featuring Bob Brookmeyer (same as rtist), Jimmy Raney, 4:00 min.
9. If I Had You, Art Blakey Quintet, A Night at Birdland-Valiz, Shapiro-Campbell-Connolly, 3:28 min.
10. From Now On, Marty Paich, The Picasso of Big Band Jazz, Marty Paich, 5:54 min.