The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight #2 on Lionel Hampton (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 193 airing December 7, 2014 featured a second spotlight on the father of the modern jazz vibes, Lionel Leo Hampton (April 20, 1908 – August 31, 2002), in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee took over hour number two. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Soft Winds, Lionel Hampton, The Conmplete Lionel Hampton Quartetsand Quintets with Oscar Peterson, Fletcher Henderson, 6:10 min.
2. Cute, Lionel Hampton-Dexter Gordon, Who’s Who in Jazz: Lionel Hampton with Dexter Gordon, Neil Hefti, 6:58 min.
3. Line for Lyons, Lionel Hampton, Lionel Hampton and His All-Stars, Gerry Mulligan, 6:25 min.
4. How High The Moon, Art Tatum-Lionel Hampton, Art Tatum – The Complete Pablo Group Masterpieces, Gerry Mulligan, 6:25 min.
5. Luoise, Stan Gets-Lionel Hampton, Hamp and Getz, Robin-Whiting, 6:47 min.
6. Seven Come Eleven, Benny Goodman Quartet with Lionel Hampton-Teddy Wilson-Gene Krupa, Together Again!, Goodman-Christian, 4:21 min.
7. Deep Purple, Lionel Hampton, Lionel Hampton and His All-Stars, Peter DeRose, 4:26 min.
8. Just You, Just Me; Gene Krupa Quartet with Lionel Hampton and Teddy Wilson, The 1955 Session (album same as artist), Greer-Klages, 5:14 min.