The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Harry Warren (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 99 airing January 22, 2017 (an encore from September 30, 2012) featured a spotlight on music compositions by Harry Warren (born Salvatore Antonio Guaragna, December 24, 1893 – September 22, 1981), an American lyricist and composer in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Jimmy McGriff, Sarah Vaughan, Zoot Sims and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. C Jam Blues, Jimmy McGriff, Blues In The Night, Duke Ellington, 8:02 min.
2. I Only Have Eyes For You, Oscar Peterson, The Best Of The Verve Songbooks, Harry Warren, 4:02 min.
3. East Of The Sun (West Of The Moon), Sarah Vaughan, The Essence of Sarah Vaughan, B. Bowman, 3:04 min.
4. Jeepers Creepers, Ruby Braff-Scott Hamilton, A Sailboat in The Moonlight, Harry Warren-Johnny Mercer, 6:22 min.
5. Out Of Nowhere, Zoot Sims-Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis, The Tenor Giants Featuring Oscar Peterson, Green-Heyman, 7:21 min.
6. You’re Getting To Be A Habit With Me, Shelley Manne & His Men – Vol. 1 – The West Coast Sounds, Harry Warren, 3:10 min.
7. You Don’t Know What Love Is, Jimmy & Stacy Rowles, Gems of Jazz, D. Raye-J. DePaul, 5:22 min.
8. At Last, Sonny Stitt, The Last Stitt Sessions Vol. 1&2, Harry Warren, 5:12 min.
9. Tenderly, Bud Shank, By Request: Bud Shank Meets The Rhythm Section, Lawrence-Gross, 5:47 min.