The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on George Benson (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 184 airing September 21, 2014 featured more jazz guitar music of George Benson (born March 22, 1943), continuing the theme from September 14, 2014 of focusing on his jazz music before he made it big as a pop vocalist in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured artists like George Shearing, Paul Desmond, Harry “Sweets” Edison and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Jumpin’ With Symphony Sid, The George Benson Quartet, The George Benson Cookbook, Lester Young, 6:31 min.
2. Oleo, George Shearing-Mel Torme’, Top Drawer, Sonny Rollins, 4:15 min.
3. Will You Still Be Mine, George Benson-Jack McDuff, The New Boss Guitar of George Benson, Matt Dennis, 4:28 min.
4. The Night Has a Thousand Eyes, Paul Desmond featuring Jim Hall, The Best of the Complete Paul Desmond, Jerry Brainin-Buddy Dernier, 5:05 min.
5. Whistle While You Work, Brother Jack McDuff-George Benson, LIVE!, Maury Churchill, 4:47 min.
6. It Don’t Mean a Thing, Harry “Sweets” Edison-Jonah Jones, LRC Jazz Sampler, Vol. 4 Double Exposure – Jones, Ellington-Mills, 4:11 min.
7. Easy Living, George Benson-Jack McDuff, The New Boss Guitar of George Benson, Robin-Ranger, 6:39 min.
8. I Can’t Get Started, Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis-Sonny Stitt, LRC Jazz Sampler, Vol. 4 Double Exposure – Jones, Duke Ellington, 4:38 min.
9. Rock Candy, Jack McDuff-George Benson, LIVE!, Jack McDuff, 6:40 min.