The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on George Benson (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 184 airing September 21, 2014 featured jazz guitar music of George Benson (born March 22, 1943), continuing the theme from September 14, 2014 of focusing on his jazz music before he made it big as a pop vocalist in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured artists like Keely Smith, Lionel Hampton, Chet Baker and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. The Party’s Over, George Benson, Hot Barbeque, Styne-Green-Conden, 6:48 min.
2. Sanctified Samba, Brother Jack McDuff-George Benson, Brother Jack McDuff and George Benson Live!, Jack McDuff, 4:49 min.
3. It’s Magic, Keely Smith, Great Ladies of Song, J. Styne-S. Cahn, 3:45 min.
4. St. Louis Blues, Lionel Hampton, Old Fashioned Swing, W.C. Handy, 5:51 min.
5. Benny’s Back, The George Benson Quartet, The George Benson Cookbook, George Benson, 4:10 min.
6. Polka Dots and Moonbeams, Chet Baker, The Art of the Ballad , Burke-Van Heusen, 7:57 min.
7. Opus de Funk, Jack McDuff and George Benson, Legends of Axcid Jazz (Soul Brothers), Horace Silver, 6:55 min.
8. Lester Leaps In, Bucky Pizzarelli, Swing Live, Lester Young, 8:26 min.