The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Clark Terry (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 199 airing January 25, 2015 (and again Feb. 1, 2015) featured a spotlight on jazz trumpeter and flugelhorn player Clark Terry (born December 14, 1920) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like J.J. Johnson, Benny Carter, Coleman Hawkins and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. The King, Clark Terry-Bob Brookmeyer Quintet, (same as artist), Count Basie, 5:42 min.
2. Don’t Blame Me, J.J. Johnson, J.J. Johnson’s Jazz Quintets, McHugh-Fields, 2:46 min.
3. Hitting the Road Again, Clark Terry, Locksmith Blues, Red Holloway, 7:19 min.
4. Blues for Lucky Lovers, Benny Cater, The Benny Cater All-Star Sax Ensemble: Over The Rainbow, Benny Carter, 5:38 min.
5. Mumbles, Clark Terry, Havin’ Fun, Clark Terry, 4:38 min.
6. Under a Blanket of Blue, Coleman Hawkins, The Hawk Realxes, Livingston-Synes-Neiburg, 4:35 min.
7. Haig @ Haig, Clark Terry-Bob Brookmeyer Quintet, (same as artist), Clark Terry, 4:30 min.
8. Night Train, Jimmy Smith-Wes Montgomery, Jazz Like You’ve Never Heard it Before!, Jimmy Forrest-Oscar Washington-Lewis C. Simpleins, 6:46 min.
9. Serenade to a Bus Seat, Clark Terry, (The Dynamic Duo) The Second Set – Recorded Live at The Village Vanguard, Clark Terry, 7:19 min.