The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Clark Terry (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 199 airing January 25, 2015 (and again Feb. 1, 2015) featured a spotlight on jazz trumpeter and flugelhorn player Clark Terry (born December 14, 1920) in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while co-host Bill Satterlee presented music by artists like Ahmad Jamal, Buddy Rich, Teddy Charles and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album, Composer, Time length
1. Grand Canyon Suite, Clark Terry, It’s What’s Happenin’, Grofe’, 7:07 min.
2. Spacemen, Clark Terry, The Clark Terry Spacemen, Clark Terry, 6:22 min.
3. The Girl Next Door, Ahmad Jamal, Ahmad’s Blues, Ralph Blane-Hugh Martin, 3:26 min
4. Poontang, Buddy Rich, Rags to Riches, Buddy Rich, 3:52 min.
5. Hildegaard, C-Jam All-Stars, Diminuendo, Crescendo and Blues; Clark Terry, 5:13 min.
6. Nature Boy, The Teddy Charles Tenet, (same as artist), Ede Ahbez, 6:24 min.
7. Chuckles, Clark Terry, Clark Terry, Clark Terry, 4:19 min.
8. Nature Boy, The Nat King Cole Trio, The Very Best of Nat King Cole, Ede Ahbez, 2:37 min.
9. Mack the Knife, (same as album), Oscar Peterson Trio Plus One: Clark Terry; Kurt Weil, 5:16 min.
10. Fly Me to the Moon, Joey DeFrancesco, Goodfellas, Bart Howard, 5:14 min.