The Feeling of Jazz – Spotlight-2 on Ben Webster (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 186 airing October 5, 2014 featured more of the tenor saxophone of Benjamin Francis Webster (March 27, 1909 – September 20, 1973), a.k.a. “The Brute” or “Frog,” continuing the theme from Sept. 28, 2014 in music presented by Kent Lindquist, while Bill Satterlee featured artists like Scott Hamilton, Duke Ellington and Count Basie, Annie Ross, The Red Garland Quintets and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Used to be Basie, Ben Webster, The Complete Sextet Studio Sessions of Ben Webster and Harry Edison, Harry Edison, 6:02 min.
2. Wig’s Blues, Scott Hamilton, Radio City, Scott Hamilton-Gerald Wiggins, 5:02 min.
3. Midnight Blue, Ben Webster, See You at the Fair, Neil Hefty, 4:03 min.
4. Until I met You, Duke Ellington Orchestra-Count Basie Orchestra, First Time! The Count Meets The Duke, F. Green-D. Wolf, 4:57 min.
5. Renaissance Blues, Ben Webster, At the Renaissance, Ben Webster & others, 5:48 min.
6. Fly Me to the Moon, Annie Ross, Annie Ross Sings a Handful of Songs, Johnny Spence, 3:09 min.
7. The Night is Blue, Ben Webster, The Complete Sextet Studio Sessions of Ben Webster and Harry Edison, Red Norvo, 7:05 min.
8. Our Delight, Red Garland Quintets, The Best of The Red Garland Quintets, Tadd Dameron, 6:18 min.
9. When I Fall in Love, Ben Webster, The Soul of Ben Webster, Heyman-Young, 4:57 min.