The Feeling of Jazz – Featuring Jimmy Rowles (Hr-2)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 188 airing October 19, 2014, featured the jazz piano artistry of Jimmy Rowles (born James George Hunter) (August 19, 1918 – May 28, 1996) in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured other main stream jazz artists like Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga, Joey DeFrancesco, Urbie Green, Cy Touf, Richie Kamuca and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
10 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Have You Met Miss Jones?, Jimmy Rowles-Red Mitchell-Donald Bailey, Trio, Rodgers-Hart, 6:19 min.
2. Cheek to Cheek, Tony Bennet-Lady Gaga, Cheek to Cheek, Irving Berlin, 2:51 min.
3. Lester Left Town, Gtan Getz-Jimmy Rowles, The Peacocks, Wayne Shorter, 5:50 min.
4. Falling in Love With Love, Joey DeFrancesco, Joey DeFrancesco Plays Sinatra His Way, R. Rodgers-L. Hart, 5:19 min.
5. While We’re Young, Jimmy Rowles Trio, Jam Face, Alec Wilder, 5:51 min.
6. On Green Dolphin Street, Urbie Green, East Coast Jazz Series No. 6 – The Melodic Tones of Urbie Green, Bratislav Kaper, 3:34 min.
7. Sleeping Bee, Ray Brown-Jimmy Rowles, Tasty! The Duo Sesions, Harold Arlen, 5:00 min.
8. I’m Beginning to See the Light, Milt Jackson-Ray Brown-Mickey Roker-Joe Pass, The Duke Ellington Album – All Too Soon, Ellington-George-Hodges-James, 3:16 min.
9. Some Other Spring, The Jimmy Rowles Septet, Weather in a Jazz Vane, Herzog-Kitchings, 4:38 min.
10. Keester Parade, Cy Touf-Richie Kamuca, Primitive Cats, Johnny Mandel, 7:50 min.