The Feeling of Jazz – Featuring Jimmy Rowles (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 188 airing October 19, 2014, featured the jazz piano artistry of Jimmy Rowles (born James George Hunter) (August 19, 1918 – May 28, 1996) in music presented by Kent Lindquist. Meanwhile, co-host Bill Satterlee featured other main stream jazz artists like Bud Shank, Bob Cooper, Bill Perkins, Richie Kamuca, Ken Peplowski, Gene Krupa and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Blowin’ Country, Bud Shank-Bob Cooper, Blowin’ Country, Bud Shank, 6:15 min.
2. Serenade to Sweden, Stan Getz-Jimmy Rowles, The Peacocks, Duke Ellington, 5:36 min.
3. I Want a Little Girl, Bill Perkins-Richie Kamuca, Tenors Head On, B. Mool-M. Mencher, 5:55 min.
4. Lulu’s Back in Town, Jimmy Rowles Trio, Our Delight, Al Dubin-Harry Warren, 3:42 min.
5. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Ken Peplowski Quintet, Illuminations, Harold Arlen-Ted Kohler, 6:46 min.
6. Lullaby of the Leaves, Jimmy Rowles-Stacy Rowles, Looking Back, Petkere-Young, 6:03 min.
7. Boogie Blues, Gene Krupa-Anita O’Day (Vocal), The Essential Big Bands, Krupa-Biondi, 3:51 min.
8. Jeru, Jimmy Rowles, Trio ’77/’78, Gerry Mulligan, 4:28 min.
9. Tea For Two, J.J. Johnson-Herbie Hancock & The Carnegie Hall Jazz Band, Carnegie Hall Salutes The Jazz Masters, Vincent Youmans-Irving Caesar, 4:45 min.