The Feeling of Jazz – Featuring Duke Ellington (Hour-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 115 originally aired February 3, 2013 and is presented again November 2, 2014. Co-host Kent Lindquist featured the music of Edward Kennedy “Duke” Ellington (April 29, 1899 – May 24, 1974), legendary jazz composer, pianist and band leader of jazz orchestras. Meanwhile co-host Bill Satterlee played music from artists like Teddy Edwards, The Canadian Brass,Lionel Hampton, Freddy Cole and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. Mississippi Lad, Teddy Edwards, Mississippi Lad, Teddy Edwards, 6:43 min.
2. I’ve Got it Bad and That Ain’t Good, Red Garland, Soul Junction, Duke Ellington, 6:13 min.
3. Night and Day, The Canadian Brass, Swingtime!, Cole Porter, 3:00 min.
4. Cotton Tail, Wes Montgomery, So Much Guitar, Duke Ellington, 3:38 min.
5. Bye Bye Blues, Lionel Hampton, Mostly Blues, David Bennett-Chauncey Grey-Bert Lown, 8:56 min.
6. What Am I Here For?, David “Fathead” Newman, Mr. Gentle – Mr. Cool, Duke Ellington, 4:46 min.
7. Pretend, Freddy Cole, Live at Birdland West, Douglas-Parman-Lavere, 3:30 min.
8. Love You Madly, Gary Burton, Four Duke, Duke Ellington, 5:22 min.
9. Milano Blues, Bob Cooper, Milano Blues, Bob Cooper, 6:53 min.