The Feeling of Jazz – Bill Satterlee solo host (Hr-1)
The Feeling of Jazz, program # 181 airing August 31, 2014 . Normally co-hosted by Kent Lindquist and Bill Satterlee, this week Bill Satterlee is the solo host as he presents some of his favorite main stream jazz artists like Kai Winding, Al Cohn, Mel Torme’, Duke Ellington and more. Engineered by Dave Woodworth.
9 p.m. Hour – Music by Title, Artist, Album Composer, Time length
1. You’re My Thrill, Jimmy Giuffre, The Complete Small Group Sessions, 1947-1953, Vol. 2, 1953; Burton Love-Ned Washington, 3:05 min.
2. If I Didn’t Care, Kai Winding, Sound of Jazz, Schwartz-Lawrence, 3:55 min.
3. Woody’s Lament, Al Cohn, Overtones, Al Cohn, 5:18 min.
4. Nature Boy, Oscar Peterson-Ray Brown-Milt Jackson-Karrien Riggins, The Very Tall Band, Eden Ahbez, 5:44 min.
5. Don’Cha Go ‘Way Mad, Mel Torme’-Rob McConnel and the Boss Band, (same as artist), Al Stillman-James Mundy-Illinois Jacquet, 4:30 min.
6. Take the ‘A’ Train, Duke Ellington-Billy Strayhorn, First Time! The Count Meets The Duke – Duke Ellinton Orchestra – Count Basie Orchestra, B. Strayhorn, 3:47 min.
7. Blues Up and Down, Gene Ammons-Sonny Stitt, Boss Tenors, Stitt-Ammons, 8:47 min.
8. Mexican Passport, Howard Rumsey’s Lighthouse All-Stars, Vol. 3, (same as artist), Cooper-Shank, 7:20 min.
9. Martians Go Home, Shorty Rogers, Great Moments in Jazz, Shorty Rogers, 7:52 min.