- Airs24/7 on Comcast 377 and over-the-air on 56.2
For scheduling information please go to https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/schedule/
Based in Tokyo, Japan, NHK WORLD TV provides a variety of informative and entertaining news, business, food, travel, technology and cultural programming around the clock, featuring some of Asia’s top talent. The network recently announced an expansion of its lineup. Programs include (New shows are marked with an asterisk):
- “NEWSROOM TOKYO”* – A 45-minute, weekday news program with comprehensive, in-depth coverage and commentary on Japan and Asia.
- “NEWSLINE” – Journalists from around the world report news and breaking news, including the latest in politics, business, technology and culture in Asia.
- “GLOBAL AGENDA”* – A monthly show featuring debates among global leaders, who take on challenging issues currently facing Japan and the rest of the world.
Business and Technology
- “SAMURAI WHEELS”* – Hosts introduce the latest Japanese-made automobiles and celebrate the country’s car culture.
- “Japan Railway Journal”* – Discover the secrets of Japan’s railways, from the newest technologies and systems in use to travel tips and must-see locations.
Culture, Lifestyle and Entertainment
- “Sushi and Beyond”* – An animated series based on the bestselling book of the same name. Food writer Michael Booth and his family live in Japan and enjoy the country’s cuisine.
- “cool japan” – A panel of international special guests examine the appeal and secrets to the hip cultural aspects of Japan. Hosted by Risa Stegmayer and Shoji Kokami.
- “KABUKI KOOL” – An exploration of the world of Kabuki, with shows selected based on modern themes and featuring Kabuki’s creative staging.
About Japan International Broadcasting, Inc.
No stories to display.
Japan International Broadcasting Inc. (JIB), a subsidiary of NHK, is responsible for the worldwide distribution of the HD English language news/lifestyle program “NHK WORLD TV”, as well as the Japanese language program “NHK WORLD Premium.” Currently, the two channels are broadcast around the world on three international and 26 domestic satellites and reach households, hotels and others via DTH, cable, IPTV and terrestrial broadcast.