Munster Boasts Nat’l Blue Ribbon School
By: Lakeshore Staff
October 1, 2014 — A local school today has a national accolade.
U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly today applauded the nine Indiana elementary, middle, and high schools that received a 2014 National Blue Ribbon Award from the U.S. Department of Education. The 2014 award was given to 337 schools across the country that demonstrated academic excellence or showed significant progress in closing achievement gaps.
The 2014 National Blue Ribbon Award recipients from Indiana include:
· Cedarville Elementary School, Fort Wayne
· East Elementary School, Portland
· Frank H. Hammond Elementary School, Munster
· Hamilton Southeastern Jr. High School, Fishers
· Jackson Township Elementary School, Brazil
· Merle Sidener Gifted Academy, Indianapolis
· St. Patrick School, Chesterton
· Signature School, Evansville
· Sprunica Elementary School, Nineveh
Donnelly said, “Education is essential to the success of our state and our nation. Indiana’s future appears brighter each and every day because of the hard work of Hoosier teachers, administrators and staff to prepare our students to thrive and tackle the problems of tomorrow. I also congratulate the students at each of these schools for their excellent academic performances. These schools and the surrounding communities have a lot to be proud of.”
A full list of 2014 National Blue Ribbon Award recipients can be viewed here. The official press release from the Department of Education announcing the 2014 award winners can be viewed here.
Source: Office of Senator Joe Donnelly