Hinchcliffe to miss more time with concussion
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — IndyCar team owner Michael Andretti says James Hinchcliffe won’t return to the track until at least Tuesday because of a concussion sustained Saturday in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
Hinchcliffe was injured when debris from Justin Wilson’s car appeared to fly into Hinchcliffe’s cockpit, striking him in the head following a restart. He was taken from the track on a stretcher and transported to a hospital where doctors diagnosed the concussion. Andretti said doctors instructed Hinchcliffe to rest and that they didn’t want to see him until Tuesday.
The popular Canadian driver missed the opening practice Sunday for the Indianapolis 500 and was replaced in Andretti Autosport’s No. 27 Honda by Venezuela’s EJ Viso.
Hinchcliffe won three races last year. His best finish this season is seventh at Barber.