Ground Broken For Valpo U. Chapel Expansion
April 28, 2014 — A weekend groundbreaking ceremony got things started for an 11,000-square-foot addition to Valparaiso University’s Chapel of the Resurrection.
A couple who graduated from V-U in 1971, The Reverend Mark and Kathy Helge, are contributing $15 million toward to the renovation of the Chapel, built in 1959, and the addition on the chapel’s south side that is expected to be finished in 12 to 16 months.
Renovation work’s already been done inside, including new windows, a new heating system, and updated sound and lighting systems. The addition to the Chapel of the Resurrection will include rehearsal space, a meeting space, a full kitchen will bring five campus ministry programs into one location.